Tuesday, December 15, 2009

MY INSPIRATIONAL CHRISTMAS GIFT TO YOU

December 15, 2010

Yo Unstoppable One,

First off, Merry Christmas and all that jazz.  Jesus rocks. :)

What's my gift to you?  It is not something tangible.  It is not something physical.  It is something far more important than that.  The gift that I offer to you is something called HOPE.  Hope.  Faith.  Confidence.

I wrote a new song yesterday called, "Keep the Promise".  The chorus reads, "Keep the promise that you kept."  In other words, keep the promise to yourself that I KNOW you kept within your heart and soul all these years.

So many people tell me that they 'gave up' on their dream without an ounce of regret.  That after years of pursuing something so clearly part of them, they could just 'give it up' and move on as if that yearning just disappeared.  I DON'T THINK SO.

Consider this analogy.  Let's say you find a guy/girl that you really dig.  You're attracted.  You pursue.  You court.  You... GET YOUR HEART BROKEN.  You realize it's never going to work out with this person.  Honestly, in this situation, sometimes it does make sense to give up... but on the person; NOT on the dream of finding true love and being happy.

My point is that it's the same with your dreams.  Your crazy childhood dreams.  Your crazy yesteryear dreams.  Your crazy TODAY dreams that you are losing faith in.  Give up on a particular route, but not on the trip!  Give up on a particular opportunity, but not the dream!

My advice to you this Christmas season?  Do not lose your faith.  Do not lose faith in your future; do not lose faith in your dreams; don't you DARE lose faith in yourself.

2010 is right around the corner.  A new year.  A new possibility.  An opportunity for you to rekindle your dreams--and I mean those big huge wildly outlandish dreams that everyone else laughs at---yeah, THOSE dreams-- and dust them off, put them on, and wear them proudly, publicly, and rebelliouslessly baby!

Life does not always work out the way we want.  Nor does it often work out on exactly the timeline we imagine.  But that doesn't mean that you have to give up on your dreams.  NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.  Perhaps your pursuit of them slows down slightly, and that's okay, but NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.  Perhaps you change the dream slightly, and that's okay, but NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.  Perhaps your dream should even be getting bigger!  Yes, BIGGER!  With every failure, make the dream bigger; not smaller!!!

I just saw the film, "A Star is Born" with Judy Garland and James Mason.  Here is an excerpt, which I actually spent ten minutes copying down using the play and pause buttons:

ESTHER: Don't you realize that I would be giving up everything I ever worked for?
NORMAN: Yes, but it's served it's purpose.  A career is a curious thing.  Talent isn't always enough.  You need a sense of timing; an eye for seeing the turning points; for recognizing the big chance when it comes along and grabbing it.  A career can rest on a trifle, like us sitting here tonight.  Or it can turn on someone saying to you, "You're better than that; you're better than you know."  Don't settle for the little dream.  Go on to the big dream.

Bottom line, I want you to be 95 years old and look back and think, "I always knew I could do it... and that's why I did it."  Lately, I've realized that a large part of my mental psychosis is because of my ambition.  Or rather, my inability to say 'no' to my ambition.  But even more recently, I realized something else.  It's not my ambition that drives me crazy.  It's the fact that I know that I have the ability to realize my ambition.  You see, ambition alone is harmless.  It's only when you couple it with knowledge that the ambition can be realized that you run into 'trouble'.  It's ironic that I say 'trouble', because it's this two-sided coin (ambition plus the knowledge of my ability to realize my ambition) that has allowed me to do all that I have, and all that I know I am destined to do.  Go figure.

Did you read that third to last word?  DESTINED.  That's how deluded you need to be.  I actually believe I am destined to do the things that I do.  That I am destined to be great.  To change the world.  That is how strong the faith in my abilities and ambition is.  More importantly, that is how strong the faith in YOUR abilities and ambition need to be.

I am here to tell you right now that you have your particular dreams for a reason.  They didn't just appear by mere chance.  They appeared because THAT IS YOUR DESTINY. 

My Christmas gift to you is more than just faith and hope.  It is more than that.  I am giving you the confidence to know that your dreams are acceptable and commendable.  I am giving you the confidence to know that your ambition is acceptable and commendable.  I am giving you the confidence to know that you have the strength and ability within you to succeed.  To thrive.  To prosper.  To see those dreams come true before your very eyes.

No matter who you are.  No matter where you live.  No matter what your dream.  No matter how much money you don't have.  No matter how many excuses you try to come up with... YOU KNOW IN YOUR HEART WHAT YOU ARE DESTINED TO DO.  So I am here merely to gently remind you to...

DO IT DAMMIT

Get off your ass and live the life you know you are meant to be living!

I wish you all a very happy and merry and successful year.   ROMP ON!

Oh, if you need help figuring out the life you are meant to be living, or how to make it happen, I am offering 10% off my 5-week coaching program until Dec 31st.  Instead of $750, pay only $675.  Save $75!  Mention the discount when you call or email me.  I also offer a free 20-minute consultation. 

Sincerely,

Monroe Mann, ME, GMC
(JD/MBA, May 2010)
UnstoppableArtists.com   <--sign up here to receive this e-newsletter directly.

Books by Monroe Mann
Time Zen - The Shortest and Most Effective Time Management & Success System Ever Created (December 09)
The Theatrical Juggernaut - The Psyche of the Star
Guerrilla Networking (with Jay Conrad Levinson)
Start Your Own Coaching Business
Battle Cries for the Underdog - Fightin Words for an Extraordinary Life
To Benning & Back - The Making of a Citizen Soldier

Profile
Coupons
Write a Review     <----Please write a review about me, my business, or my books!!!  It would mean so much to me!

 
 
Romp On! Hooah! Meet You at the Top!
NO RULES. NO EXCUSES. NO REGRETS.®

-Monroe Mann, ME (JD/MBA 2010)
646-764-1764
UnstoppableArtists.com
MonroeMann.com

Read my latest books, "Guerrilla Networking" with Jay Conrad Levinson, and "Start Your Own Coaching Business" with Entrepreneur Press! New book: "Time Zen" coming Dec 2009!

Monroe Mann | Create Your Badge

No comments: