Take a moment to read the following. Remember, I'm not bragging, I'm just 'sharing the vibe'! :)
In a nutshell, here's the latest:
* In just one day, I got two amazing phone calls from two independent companies, both with the same message: 'Monroe, we have found someone who can fund your entire budget for your wakeboarding film In the Wake. Call us.' One of them is named Maxwell Sinovoi. Check him out on IMDb (in particular the cast for the second and third films under his name) and you'll see why I'm so thrilled. I send a big SHOUT OUT to Cindy Russo (Max's partner) for helping to make this connection. I am also pleased to report that Jorge Rodriguez, of the film 'Broken' that Roger Ebert gave '2 Thumbs Up' to, is now also on board with my wakeboarding film. You can read about him on IMDb too. Quite the impressive guy.
* Speaking of IMDb, I am FINALLY relisted as a director. For my two films, "Origami Deathmatch" and "Like a Lamb in June". The folks at IMDb add data slowly, so the cast and crew are not yet on there, but if you check back every few days, they manage to add a few more details each time. Please support me and my films by posting messages on all of my IMDb message boards for my films, and also on my own personal page on IMDb! I need the support!
* The folks at World of Wonder/Discovery Channel just told me that the final audition tape was sent to the executives for final decision. There are 29 'finalists', of which I am one, and they are going to pick 7 to star in the new reality documentary called 'Seven Samurai' shooting in Kyoto, Japan. You'll never guess my pitch that got them intrigued: of all the amazing things I've done in my life, there's one thing I've yet to even come close to accomplishing: finding a girlfriend. I figure maybe becoming an actual Samurai would help my prospects! HA HA! They loved it, and well, Fingers crossed!
* I am very excited for Thursday: I am going into my agent's office for what Marilynn Scott Murphy (my agent at Professional Artists) calls 'The Monroe Mann Show'. From 1 - 3PM, I am scheduled to perform before the entire agency two Broadway songs, one original pop song I wrote on guitar, two monologues, and have yet another interview discussing my bright future as an actor, writer, director, and producer. I'll keep ya posted.
* I am still deeply entrenched with the editing of my film short Origami Deathmatch, which was screened recently at Jamie Benti's Ruff Cutz (www.rcifc.com) in Boston--where I incidentally was cast in another film being produced by none other than... Jamie Benti himself. :) I was also just yesterday invited to be a panelist and potentially a judge next year as well. Regarding Origami... I am bringing my good friend George Schifini of Video Hatchery on board to assist with the fine edit of the film. Sending the rough cut off to him tomorrow in fact in prep for our first meeting. Remember to check out the film at www.IMDB.com
* In about 2 weeks, you will once again be able to buy my book, 'To Benning and Back', about my transformation from civilian to military officer, ending on September 11th, 2001. It will be rereleased by Authorhouse.
* Speaking of books, because of my up-and-coming celebritydom, Rooftop Publishing (a traditional publisher) is now speaking with me about bringing me on board their imprint. More to come on that.
* Again, speaking of books, 'Guerrilla Networking' (that I am co-writing with Jay Conrad Levinson) is nearly done! We should be sending it off to the publisher (Morgan James) in about 2 months. Hooray! Nearly done! And I hope by summer to be releasing another new book entitled, 'The Artist's MBA'. * For those of you curious about when my appearance on the national talk-show, 'The Dr. Keith Show' will air, I just got unofficial word from one of my editor friends who works there that it's airing the week of April 20th. I will send out an update once I get final confirmation.
* Did I mention that my band, Running for Famous, has a song called 'Crosstown Bus' that is now a themesong for a Rhode Island television show? I forget the name offhand (shame on me), but will get that info to you soon. You can listen to my band's music at www.RunningForFamous.com (or www.myspace.com/RunningForFamous). They take you to the same place. Also, if you want to become my personal friend on myspace, it's www.myspace.com/RoeMann (i think).
* Finally, if you or any of your artist friends need to get their butts in gear, and could use a top-notch business, marketing, and financial strategy... send them my way! Whether writers, singers, dancers, actors, directors, producers, whatever!--I'd be happy to provide a free 15 - 20 minute career consultation by telephone, no hard selling, no sleazy pitches--simply to discuss the best options for their future. You can also refer them to www.UnstoppableArtists.com, where you can read up on the Unstoppable Artists Rock Star of the Month, Dennis Hurley :)
* Finally, my production company www.LocoDawn.com just updated its website. Stop on by if you care to see what's going on over there, and remember to spread the good word about www.WhatIsMonroeDoingThisWeek.com---the online repository for all of these updates.
Thanks for your enduring support.
Meet you at the top!
No Rules. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Meet you at the top!
No Rules. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Publicity Coordinator, The RoMann Empire