Sunday, June 07, 2009

Need Some Inspiration? And meet my new client!

Need Some Inspiration?
June 5, 2009

But First, Three Quick Reviews About Unstoppable Artists & Monroe Mann
bright star bright star bright star bright star bright star
by Joyce Korbin on 05/26/2009
I am chair of a program called AFTRA@WORK It is part of the A.F.T.R.A. union. Monroe has been a guest speaker several times and he is always rated a 10. His caring and sharing are unique. I would have him back anytime...I also consider him a friend.
bright star bright star bright star bright star dimmed star
by Eric Dawson on 05/18/2009
Monroe truly helps you start taking the necessary actions today to achieve your dreams tomorrow. He was able to do this for me at a very reasonable price and if you need that push to bring yourself to the next level, he is your man. I accomplished more in the 5 weeks that we worked together than I had in the previous 6 months. For me, the main outcome in my day-to-day life has been taking immediate actions on ideas and actually "doing" rather than "planning" to do something someday. I have Monroe to thank for that. As entrepreneurs the inspiration to keep pushing can be hard to find at times. Keeping this in mind, I started a blog that seeks to share pieces of inspiration that I have come across which help me push through. Monroe was one of the first people I featured - check it out here: http://foundinspiration.blogspot.com/
bright star bright star bright star bright star dimmed star
by Kris Keppeler on 05/08/2009
Monroe is a great inspiration. Just reading about all the things he's got going reminds me I need to jump up and get things done.

THE MAIN EVENT.

Hey Folks!

GET OFF YOUR ASS!  That's your first bit of inspiraiton.  It's called: 'stop being lazy, okay'?

So, I've got a LOT of great and inspiring things to share in this email, so please, if you want a pick me up, keep on reading!

1. MY AWESOME NEW CLIENT, JULIET L. PACKER

This is a cool story.  A few weeks ago, I was honored with the privilege of speaking to about 45 members of the Writer's Guild of America (WGA) on the subject of "Guerrilla Networking".  Not only was that a thrill, but now, I am pleased to report that one of the attendees, Juliet L Packer, is now a client.  And what a client: Juliet has won four--count 'em---FOUR WGA awards for All My Children.  She has also received four--yep, FOUR--Emmy nominations for As The World Turns.  In fact, for 25 years she wrote for the soaps.  Pretty impressive.  She has also written for a number of episodic television shows, animated shows, and of course, daytime.  She is also currently on the Board of Directors of the National Academy of TV Arts & Sciences.  Right now, she has completed a pilot for what I think is going to be one of the most novel television dramas in years---together, Juliet and I are working on gaining sponsors, gaining attachments, and pitching the show to the various networks.  Fun stuff.

First off, CONGRATULATIONS JULIET!  You're awesome.  You can contact Juliet via her production company, www.WoofStarProductions.com or via email: juliet@woofstarproductions.com.  If any of you have affiliations with animals in any way, I suggest you contact her.  She'll explain why.

2. WHAT THIS ALL MEANS TO ME AND YOU

Second, for those of you who have been following me for years, you know what a big step forward this is for me and my company.  I started out teaching a class on how to break into student films in 1999, and today, I am teaching members of the world famous Writer's Guild how to become better networkers.  In 1999, I was charging $50 an hour, and had TWO clients (Chris Lucas and David Marcus!) and today, I make $125 an hour and I have over 220 clients, and heck, now one of them is a 4-time Emmy nominee who has won 4 WGA awards.  My oh my, I am awe-struck and there is a smile a mile wide on my face.  Look how far I have come!  Is this awesome or what?!

So what's my point?  My point is that it has taken me NINE YEARS to get to this point, and the journey hasn't really even begun.  My point is that those big dreams in your head aren't going to come true 'overnight', but if you stick with it through thick and thin, your dreams can and ARE GOING to come true.  Don't give up people!  Don't slack off!  Keep up the fight; keep up the battle; keep up the momentum.  Whenever you are feeling down, or feeling like it's just not worth it, know this: I AM ALWAYS THERE FOR YOU, THINKING OF YOU, ROOTING FOR YOU, IN THE RING WITH YOU DAMNIT! 

3. AND THANKS TO JEFF GOLDSTEIN

And I should mention something else.  You know how I got the speaking gig at WGA?  It's because I spoke at AFTRA.  How did I speak at AFTRA?  Because I was introduced to Joyce Korbin, who books speakers.  How did that happen?  I was invited onto the set of my client, Jeff Goldstein--he had all of 52nd street closed down by the police in order to shoot a scene in one of his films and invited me down to watch.  While there, he remembered that I always told my clients how much I wanted to speak at the unions.  He remembered.  Joyce, who was one of his actors, was there.  He introduced me. 

So, first off, thank you to Jeff Goldstein.  If it weren't for the fact that I continually kept telling everyone I meet that I wanted to speak at the unions, it never would have happened.  If it weren't for the fact that Jeff is so generous with his contacts and genuinely wants to see others in the business succeed, it never would have happened.  As they say, what goes around comes around.  I want you all to check out his blog, www.UsherOnBroadway.com.  I think you'll find it more than amusing.  :)
 
Want more inspiration?  Keep on reading!

4. COLIN
 
If you haven't yet heard about the $70 zombie film that is wowing everyone at Cannes, click here.  My awesome comic friend and screenwriting partner Ronnie Khalil (www.RonnieKhalil.com) shared this story with me.  We are shooting our Stephen King horror film this fall/winter up in Maine, and he's always looking out for our budget.  Go Ronnie.  And to all you people with big dreams reading this (that should be everyone, by the way), let this story be an inspiration to you to STOP COMING UP WITH EXCUSES!  Remember my break diving creed: No Rules, No Excuses, No Regrets.  Don't just learn it.  LIVE IT BABY!

5. THREE YEARS HAVE PASSED LIKE A BREEZE

Three years ago today, I was 28 years old, and deciding whether it would make sense to do this joint JD/MBA program at Pace University.  I was thinking, "Do I really want to do this?  That's FOUR YEARS.  I'm gonna be 32 by the time I graduate.  Yuck!"  I really hesitated.  I'm glad I didn't because--oh my oh my, I can't believe it--I am nearly done!   In less than 12 months, I will not only have my MBA in Finance, but--CRAZINESS--I'll be taking the bar exam!  I am going to be an entertainment attorney!  IS THAT COOL OR WHAT?!!
 
Folks, time FLIES!  Yeah, I am going to be 32 next year, but ya know what?  I still feel like I am 23 years old!  And now, instead of being just another 32 year old with big dreams, I'm gonna be a 32 year old with big dreams... and a law degree...  and an MBA.  Ummmm, that just might come in handy, haha. 

Think of your own life, five to ten years in the future.  Would it be cool if you were a doctor?  A published author.  A school teacher.  A lecturer.  What?  Get out of your comfort zone and THINK LONG TERM people!  Stop making your decisions based on tomorrow; make your decisions based on where you want to be TEN YEARS FROM NOW.
 
 6. ACCOUNTABILITY & TIME MANAGEMENT SCHOOL

Yabba Dabba Do---my time management and project accountability school is just about ready to launch.  The website isn't launched yet, but you'll be able to find it at both www.WinnersDoItNow.com and www.AccountabilitySchool.com in a few weeks.

BUT... I am not waiting that long to get started.  I already have 3 people registered, and I wanted to see who else might be interested in getting started right now.

The cost is under $300 for three months.  What do you get?
* 2 thirty-minute accountability calls with me, Monroe Mann
* 3 group calls, one each month, to get feedback from other students
* Access to the online message board, where you are required to post your plans and strives for each month
* 3-month free access to my brand new proprietary time management software
* a FREE pre-publication version of my new time management book, "Time Zen", that outlines what my time management system is all about

Bottom line, the course will run for about $250, and will include use of my new online time management software, plus monthly meetings with your support group (of which I will be a part).  I guarantee that you will get more done during these three months than you have in the last year combined.  Try it!  Not only will the course help you think big, but you'll also GET IT DONE.

7. OTHER BITS OF FUN NEWS

In other news, I just wanted to let you know that:
 
* I am still creating an 'investor opportunity' group, i.e. a group of those who are interested in investing in showbusiness and entrepreneurial projects that I come across.  You don't need a lot to invest (many opportunities can be secured for only $100/share, with no minimum shares), so if you have any interest at all, just reply to me with your full name, and what state you live in, and I will add you to the list and provide you with more information as opportunities develop.
 
* I am nearly done writing my stand up comedy act, and will let you know when I am performing so you can come laugh with me, not at me.  Same goes for a bunch of musical open mics I am going to be performing at.
 
* My new book, "Time Zen - the shortest and most effective time management book ever written" is done, and I hope to have it available for you to read by mid summer!

* If you're trying to purchase "Guerrilla Networking" and can't find the book, it's because Jay and I are switching publishers.  The 2nd edition will be available by the beginning of July.  Hang tight!
 
* Ronnie and I are going to begin casting our feature-length horror film this summer.  It will be SAG Ultra Low Budget.  It's about time!

* Will you kindly write a review about Unstoppable Artists and/or Monroe Mann?  You can do so by clicking here: www.ratepoint.com/tellus/13968

* Please be sure to click on 'update my profile' or something like that at the bottom of this email.  There are lots of new lists you can join that you might find interesting, so please make sure you are on the lists that you want to receive.
 
Okay, talk soon everyone!  Thanks for all your support, and I hope this information was helpful for you.

MEET YOU AT THE TOP!
-Monroe

P.S. - Call or email to set up your free consultation to discuss your career, your business, your marketing strategies, your financial situation, your time management skills, your dreams, and your goals.  In return for my 20-minutes, I ask that you hear my own pitch regarding how I might be able to help you.   My offfice number is 914-481-1641, and my cell is 646-764-1764.  Call me!

Websites:
www.UnstoppableArtists.com
www.ActorsFilmSchool.com
www.MonroeMann.com

Write a Review about Unstoppable Artists or Monroe Mann

No comments: