Sunday, January 11, 2009

Super Inspiring TRUE Story.


 
Hi Everyone!
 
My friend Susan Ayalin just sent this to me.  While the ending of the story has a religious overtone (that I myself believe, incidentally), don't let that prevent you from reading the story.  The point of the story is applicable to us all, especially those who know New York City, regardless of our religious beliefs.  I was going to give you a heads up about what it's all about, but that would give away the surprise ending.  Enjoy!

One stormy night many years ago, an elderly couple entered the lobby
of a small hotel and asked for a room. The clerk explained that
because three conventions were in town, the hotel was full. "But I
can't send a nice couple like you out in the rain at 1:00 a.m.," he
said. "Would you be willing to sleep in my room?"

The couple hesitated, but the clerk insisted. The next morning, when
the man paid his bill, he said, "You're the kind of manager who should
be the boss of the best hotel in the United States. Maybe someday I'll
build one for you." The clerk smiled, amused by the older man's
remark.

A few years passed and one day, the clerk received a letter from the
elderly man, recalling that stormy night, and asking him to come to
New York for a visit. A round-trip ticket was enclosed.  When the
clerk arrived, his host took him to the corner of 5th Avenue and 34th
Street, where stood a magnificent new building. "This is the hotel I
have just built for you to manage," said the man.

"You've got to be joking," said the clerk. "Who are you?"

"My name is William Waldorf Astor," said the man. "And I'm most
certainly not joking."

That hotel was the original Waldorf-Astoria, and the young clerk, who
became its first manager, was George C. Boldt. The Bible is very clear
that in the end, we will be rewarded for our faithfulness to the call
of Jesus Christ with a lifetime in heaven for eternity.


It's Monroe again.  What a great story, right?  What's the point: DO THE RIGHT THING.  GO ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY.  TREAT PEOPLE THE WAY YOU WOULD WANT TO BE TREATED.  Do all these things, and guess what?  You may end up with your very own hotel too!
 
While I have your attention, if you are interested in my Actors Film School program, the cost is only $1500, and there is still room for two more students in the January class starting this Saturday, the 17th.  The next start dates are: Saturday, March 28th; and Saturday, May 30th.  I have 2 people already interested in the March class, and one in the May class.  Give me a ring on my cell if you'd like more info about the school, or about my one-on-one career, financial, and marketing coaching programs: 646-764-1764, or visit   www.ActorsFilmSchool.com.
 
TO THE TOP BABY!
-Monroe Mann
 
Call 914-481-1641 or reply to this email to set up your free 20-minute career, marketing, and financial phone consultation with Unstoppable Artists' founder Monroe Mann.  Who is he?  He's the guy to call when you're finally ready to take control of your circumstances.   

ROMP ON! Meet you at the TOP!
No Rules. No Excuses. No Regrets.
-Monroe Mann, ME, GMC (JD/MBA - May 2010)
CEO & Senior Publicist
Unstoppable Artists, LLC
www.UnstoppableArtists.com   (watch my original CNBC interview!) 
914-481-1641 (office) 
646-764-1764 (cell)

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL!  I KNOW YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO COULD BENEFIT FROM THIS INSPIRATION AND BUSINESS KNOW-HOW!
 

No comments: