Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monroe Mann's Inspirational "HAPPY NEW YEAR" Update


What's up !

I know, I know, it's been about 6 months since my last update. For good reason: BEEN CRAZY BUSY AND YOU'RE GONNA LOVE WHAT YOUR READ BELOW! I am already off and running crossing off items on my 2012 to-do list? How about you?

It's once again time for me to 'share the vibe' and inspire you by reminding you how much you can actually accomplish in one year. Ready? Set? Here we go!

1) YOUR NEW 2012 MOTTO: First off, something light. I declare that your new motto for the year should be "Happy as elves in 2012!" How happy is an elf? VERY happy, I assure you. ;)

2) BEST HOROSCOPE OF THE YEAR: I read this horoscope three weeks ago. I had to share it with you because it brightens my day every time I read it: "The only thing standing between you and a certain very desirable reality is the occasional mental interruption of the false though that you were not meant to have what you really want out of life."

3) WHAT I DID IN 2011. Ready to find out what one person can accomplish in just one year? Read this and get fired up by realizing how much you can really do in one year, and then, read the next email for an inspirational and motivational 2012 to-do list to help you make the most of this upcoming year.

a) In 2011, we finalized and edited the movie I co-produced, co-wrote, co-directed, and co-starred in, called, "You Can't Kill Stephen King" (with co-producer/director Ronnie Khalil and co-director Jorge Valdes-Iga) Have you seen the trailer yet for my/our feature film, "You Can't Kill Stephen King"? It is REALLY good. Plus, Fangoria Magazine wrote a story and did an interview. So did Gores Truly. So did a bunch of media outlets. Check out the website for the film at www.cantkillking.com with links to all the articles.

Be sure to watch the AWESOME trailer (I promise you will like it) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64XdWcf8zqQ&feature=related Please post a review on YouTube, and post the link on your Facebook page! :)

http://clicks.fanbridge.com/l.php?cid=802083&sid=163470199&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64XdWcf8zqQ&feature=related

b) In 2011, I finished writing two new books--both to be available in March: "Battle Cries for the Hollywood Underdog" with Lou Bortone, and Romantic Suicide--the 45 Unbreakable Rules of Dating. Both are due for release in March 2012.

Here's a great pre-publication blurb about Romantic Suicide from Jonathan Rich, PhD, the author of "The Couple's Guide to Love and Money".

Here is what he said: "Romantic Suicide is a great read. If you have ever sabotaged a relationship you need to read it, reread it, and then read it again, until you've committed all of Monroe Mann's tips to memory. Rarely has an author bared his soul so humbly and thoroughly. Mann has teetered on the romantic ledge, and he did a lot of thinking while he was out there – and the wisdom he shares can save you from romantic disaster."

Have you checked out all my other inspirational and motivational books? Like "The Theatrical Juggernaut - The Psyche of the Star", or my awesome time management book, "Time Zen"? How about the Barnes & Noble bestseller, "Guerrilla Networking"? Here is a ten-minute CNBC interview with me about that book:

http://clicks.fanbridge.com/l.php?cid=802083&sid=163470199&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSuhfjLX8oE

You can read all the 5-star reviews of all of my books at www.amazon.com and www.bn.com --just search for my name.

c) In 2011, I learned (through much error) how NOT to screw up a relationship. See 'B' above. :) Only took me 34 years, haha.

d) In 2011, I started (and finished 1/4) of my PhD studies in Psychology. Yeah, my dream of becoming "Dr. Mann" is finally starting to come true. I have finished five courses so far, and have 9 more to go, my comprehensive exams, and finally, my dissertation. I'm probably going to do original research on attachment theory and obsession, or on social development and its correlation with someone's perceived level of attractiveness. P.S. - Capella University (capella.edu) is one of the best schools I have ever attended. Check it out if you're eager to get another degree. This school ROCKS.

e) In 2011, I... became a lawyer! I was admitted as an attorney in the state of New York in January of last year. I have since started my own law firm, and have accomplished quite a bit helping entertainment clients. I am proud to report that I am also currently being considered for a very prestigeous public service trial attorney position in Westchester County. More on that soon should anything develop...

f) In 2011, I produced and released "Get Off Your Ass", my full-length 30-track motivational speaking and inspirational music album! Have you checked it out yet? Imagine this: 15 original songs written and performed by me with my band. Then, 15 motivational speaking tracks of yours truly introducing and explaining each song in my trademarked style that you have come to know and love. Not yet convinced? Here are two reviews of the album from CD Baby:

Excellent idea for daily listening
Author: J West
We all seek various media to help motivate us - and there's no one who takes the responsibility of providing motivation more seriously than Monroe. This is a man who dedicates himself tirelessly to assisting others in their efforts to realize their goals. In this album, you have a perfect blend of an encouraging, patient friend and a drill sergeant. This is as sincere and persistent a man as you can listen to, and his energy can only benefit those who choose to take in these catchy, witty tunes and stirring speeches.

Not what you think

author: Britt
FIrst off, there isn't a thing this guy hasn't done. Look him up, you'll find a biography that is nothing less than impressive. When I heard about a motivational CD, I honestly wasn't sure about that one...Is this music for easy, every day listening? Will I actually put a song on repeat just to get a laugh each time I heard it (Hollywood Girls)? TOTALLY! It's not a cheesy motivational speaker droning on and on about how "you can do it". It breaks that barrier down, and allows you to enjoy the whole CD. You get a great musical album, with some chit chat to break it up and keep you thinking.

You can check out the album and songs at www.cdbaby.com

Also, at www.amazon.com plus listen for free to ALL the songs and tracks at www.SoundCloud.com/Monroemann

g)In 2011, I shot two fun music videos for that very album, and posted them on YouTube. The first one I shot in Naples, Florida for my song, "The Sun is Always Shining Somewhere". You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x473c2A5GP0&feature=related

http://clicks.fanbridge.com/l.php?cid=802083&sid=163470199&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x473c2A5GP0&feature=related

The second video is for the song, "Life is Tough". You can watch that one here:

http://clicks.fanbridge.com/l.php?cid=802083&sid=163470199&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExzOq97pDIQ&list=UUX_JYrIvYkxa9kZ_E-UB7jQ&index=1&feature=plcp
h) In 2011, my dream of becoming a beach lifeguard came true! Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to be a lifeguard at Oakland Beach in Rye, NY--a beach I grew up on as a kid. Well... this past summer, I did it. I took a three-week lifeguarding course at the YMCA, and through persistence, I scored a job as a 'call-in' lifeguard, i.e. one who the full-time guards could call if they got sick. Well, before I could even start, someone quit. Guess who became a full-time lifeguard? It was AMAZING, and hands-down, the best and most fun job of my life. And I met some really great people on that beach. And if all goes well, I hope to do it again this summer, on weekends. SO MUCH FUN!!! I got paid to swim in the ocean and sit on a chair in the sun! And... put my EMT skills to good use. So awesome. You can find pics of me in my lifeguard uniform on my facebook page. :)

i) In 2011, I was interviewed again in the newspaper! Last May, I was interviewed for the Rock Star section of Westchester's big Gannett paper, "The Journal News". It's a great article subtitled, "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Monroe Mann". When you click the link, be sure to read the second page, which is the best part: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110501/LIFESTYLE01/105010318/No-excuses?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

j) Finally, in 2011, I once again spoke at AFTRA, before a crowd of 75+ actors, musicians, and radio personalities. I am so proud to speak at the performance unions, and even more proud that I was rated as one of the best speakers at AFTRA, and the only one to consistently receive all 10's on a 1 to 10 scale, and even some 11s and 11.5s. :)

In fact, I have been invited to speak at AFTRA again, Tuesday night, January 24th, on "The Ten Easy Steps to Producing Your Own Projects". I hope you will be able to attend! Once again, I'll be playing a few songs from my album, "Get Off Your Ass". You'll be guaranteed to be inspired!

So, yeah, it's been a very productive year, and a very very busy year. :) And I want your 2012 to be just as productive! So, read the next email, and you'll do just that.

P.S. -

ASK ME A QUESTION -- Go ahead. Ask any question, and I will be happy to answer it. Or, just visit www.rahrahk.com

CAREER COACHING--FREE CONSULTATION: I am still the best career and life coach you can find. Cocky? No. Confident. If you need a life coach, a career coach, a time management coach, a financial coach, whatever--I am eminently qualified to assist you. How so? Well, I've done a heck of a lot with my life for starters. Plus, I have an MBA in Finance, a Masters of Entrepreneurship, a law degree, a certificate in financial planning from BU, and I'm a certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach. And I have officially started my PhD in Psychology. Call me to set up a free consultation--I would love to give you some tough love and get you on the road to accomplishment.

THE FAME BLOG (& THE SCIENCE OF STARDOM) -- So, my law firm's new blog is live--called www.TheFAMEBlog.com, and it's got some great content that I would love for you to check out. AND... if you want to get the blog updates as soon as I post them, FOLLOW MY BLOG!

In still other news:

a) FREE MONROE MANN SONG! Congrats! Just click here and you get a FREE complimentary copy of my song, "The Sun Is Always Shining Somewhere" for you to download, put on your iPod/MP3 player, burn to CD, whatever:

13 The Sun is Always Shining Somewhe.mp3

b) NBC INTERVIEW WITH MONROE MANN: If you didn't see it in the last email, check out this interview with Monroe Mann about his feature film, "You Can't Kill Stephen King", an interview that aired on NBC in Maine this past summer: http://www.wcsh6.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=124564&catid=108 (You can also watch a larger version of the raw footage on my youtube channel.

Romp on!

-Monroe

No comments: