Thursday, October 13, 2011

Monroe Mann's Awesome Fall Update!

Hey All,

Been a while since I've 'shared the vibe' about what I've been up to lately.  I appreciate you reading about my adventures, and hope it inspires you in some way to get off your ass and do great things with your life too!

A) PHD UPDATE -- as many of you know, I am now pursuing a PhD in psychology through Capella University, one of the greatest schools I have ever attended.  Brilliantly organized, brilliant professors, brilliant students.  Couldn't ask for a better learning program.  This school is the unsung hero of modern education, and the vanguard of what is to come.  Seriously, if you are considering a degree, I can recommend no better place than http://www.capella.edu/.  My PhD dissertation topic as of today will be answering this question: what is the correlation -- if any -- between an individuals' attachment style and infatuation.  Another possibility is whether an individual's attachment style is fixed, or whether it changes depending on circumstances and environment.

B) TWO NEW BOOKS COMING SOON -- I am excited to report that two new Monroe Mann books are coming out in the next few months.  The first, "Romantic Suicide - The 12 Unbreakable Rules of Dating" is a book born of my own foibles and 'learning experiences' in the dating world.  I have learned what TO do by focusing on what NOT to do--in other words, this book will show you how to succeed by showing how not to fail.  Just like all my other books, it is very inspiring, and in fact, can be applied to any type of negotiation, since many of the rules are equally applicable there.

The second book is entitled, "Battle Cries for the Hollywood Underdog" and is co-written with the great Lou Bortone.  If you liked my first Battle Cries book, you're going to love this one too--particularly if you pursuing an impossible dream such as showbiz success.  

You can check out all of my books on at my Amazon page: Click here to see all Monroe Mann books..  You can also visit http://www.bn.com/ as well.

C) OUR FEATURE FILM IS ALMOST COMPLETED! --  Hooray, "You Can't Kill Stephen King" is about 95% completed!  The film clocks in at about 84 minutes, and is currently going through the final stages of audio post production and visual after effects.  You can read more at http://www.imdb.com/ -- just search for the film by name.

D) CHECK OUT MY UNIQUE MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKING/MUSIC ALBUM -- As many of you know, I recently released my first full-length album, and it sure is different.  It has 30 tracks---15 are motivational speaking tracks, and 15 are original songs written and performed by me and my band.  You can pick up the album at http://www.amazon.com/, http://www.cdbaby.com/, and http://www.itunes.com/.  You can listen to all tracks for free at www.soundcloud.com/monroemann

E) MUSIC VIDEO ONE IS DONE; NUMBER TWO COMING SOON! -- The first music video from my album was completed and launched last spring at www.YouTube.com/monroemann for the song, "The Sun Is Always Shining Somewhere".  The video has over 7500 views so far, and the song has been picked up by numerous college radio stations nationwide.  Video numer two, for the song, "Life is Tough" is currently in production, with an expected launch date in mid-November. 

F) FILING FIRST FEDERAL LAWSUIT IN TWO WEEKS -- I am an attorney, and in about two weeks, I am filing my first federal lawsuit in the Eastern District of New York on behalf of a client.  Beyond that, can't say much more right now, but it's my biggest case to date, and I am very excited.  More info at my other blog, which has inspirationg and tips: http://www.thefameblog.com/

G) LIFEGUARD SUMMER/EMT RENEWAL -- Guess what?  I was a beach lifeguard this past summer at Oakland Beach in Rye, NY!  What great fun that was--truly, no joke, a dream come true.  Something I have wanted to do for many many years, since I was a little kid.  And I had the time of my life!  In related news, I need to renew my EMT license, which expires early next year.  To that end, I am making plans to return to http://www.soloschools.com/ in New Hampshire to renew not only my EMT license, but also my WEMT (Wilderness EMT) certification as well.

H) AMATEUR RADIO LICENSE -- Speaking of renewals, I just renewed my general class amateur radio license.  Don't know what that is?  That's okay--many don't.  It is an FCC issued radio license that allows me to use radios to communicate cross-town, cross-country, and even across the globe.  I have had conversations (by voice and morse code) with people as far away as Australia and China... all by using radio waves.  Pretty cool.  Amateur radio licenses last for ten years, so I'm good now until 2022!

I) RANDOM OTHER STUFF --In other news, I am barefoot as I write this post.  I also just want to send a shout out to Herman Cain, who I think has a real shot at the presidency next year, and who clearly has a genuine concern for our nation.  I recently traveled to Germany to visit my friend Louisa, and visited Denmark with her too, which was only a 90-minute drive from her house.  I also traveled to Maine twice with my friends over the summer.  I sadly had to get rid of my t-mobile sidekick about six months ago because the new Android powered one is TERRIBLE; I now have a blackberry.  It was a tough call between a blackberry and an iphone, except that the blackberry only cost $25, so... easy decision.  Another shout-out to Steve Jobs, who truly had as much an impact on this world as Socrates, Copernicus, Galileo, Newton, and Da Vinci.  Well done sir!  Let us ALL try to be as influential and significant as Jobs--shall we?

Thanks for reading!  I really appreciate your support.
ROMP ON! TO THE TOP!
-Monroe Mann

(Monroe Mann, Esq, MBA, ME, JD, and in 2013, PhD)

No comments: