Thursday, May 18, 2006

So, what the heck am I doing with this site?

Welcome to "What is Monroe doing this week?"

I created this blog for a number of reasons. First, I have a growing number of fans who want to know what I am doing! Second, I know that what I do often inspires others in the world of showbusiness... so I figured I'd publicly tell people what I am doing in hopes of inspiring others to go out and live their dreams as well.

So, what am I doing right now? I'm super stoked that my school is expanding, that my film is starting to get some true legitimacy, and my band's new CD is about two weeks from being finished. I saw United 93 the other night with my mom... and cried. And swore at those sons of bitches who decided to mess with the greatest country in the world. I rarely swear, but I heard a FUCK YOU SONS OF BITCHES come out of my mouth about three times. After watching it, it made me want to go back to Iraq (figuratively) and continue kicking terrorist ass. Afterwards, I called Creative Artists Agency to see if Paul Greengrass (director/writer of United 93) wanted to direct my film, In the Wake. I got the typical response: please send us an email with the information... So I did. I also spoke with a potential distributor... who called me. They want to help me get the film into retail stores around the country on DVD. Sounds like a plan. It's not theatrical distro, but it's certainly a start.

ROMP ON!
-Monroe

No comments: