To the RoMann Legion (i.e. loyal fans of the RoMann Empire):
It's been a wild summer, and it's high time for an update on what's going on in the wild world of Monroe Mann. You ready? : )
Here's the quick scoop:
- Times Square Kiss-In
- Woo hoo! I've been hired as the MC of the third annual Times Square VJ Day 'Kiss In'. It's a live, televised KISSING event celebrating the famous kiss on August 14th, 1945 (and the end of World War II). You can read more about this exciting celebration (and also sign up to be a part of the kissing too! :) at http://www.timessquarenyc.org/about_us/events_vjday.html ; It's on---you guessed it---August 14th, from 1 - 2:30PM in Times Square, will be televised, and will also be shown on the big Panasonic outdoor tv screen in Times Square. Come on down if you're available to support the troops, big kisses, and yours truly!
- Guerrilla Networking
- My newest book, 'Guerrilla Networking', that I co-wrote with Jay Conrad Levinson is DONE, and at the publisher. When is it coming out? September/October. It's my biggest book writing project yet, and I know you're gonna love it. What is guerrilla networking? Instead of trying to meet people, this book teaches you how to become the type of person OTHER people want to meet. Simple, yet powerful. Hooah!
- Seven Samurai
- I am STILL in the running for this tv show, can you believe it? The show was just picked up for broadcast by Discovery Channel, and I am now apparently in the top 50%. They are picking 7 cast members; I am now in the top 14. I should know in the next month or two if I'm off to Japan this fall!
- Juggernaut Club – Free Trial Account
- We already have 19 members (including one from London!) in my exclusive networking group for winners. Would you like to give it a FREE TEST DRIVE? I have created a 'free trial account' for you to play around with; to 'test drive' the club to see if it's something you'd like to be a part of. If you'd like a free test drive, lemme know.
- Origami Deathmatch
- My SAG comedy film 'Origami Deathmatch' is ALMOST DONE. We have locked picture at 43 minutes, and are now adding the music soundtrack, and finalizing the 'green screen' special effects shots. The official world premiere will be taking place in New York City this fall. You are all invited. :) More to come.
- The Theatrical Juggernaut - Ebook Version (& First Three Chapters FREE)
- Due to overwhelming demand from overseas, I am creating an ebook version of my bestselling motivational business guidebook for actors, 'The Theatrical Juggernaut'. It will be available for purchase from UnstoppableArtists.com by mid August. For those who haven't yet read the book, you will also be able to 'test drive' the first three chapters for free as well. More to come!
- Hollywood Combat
- Yes, the war documentary drives on! 'Hollywood Combat' is the new name for my Iraq War Comedy Documentary that I am currently editing. With over 80 hours of footage, you can be sure it's going to be unlike any other Iraq War documentary you may have seen to date. Think Jackass meets M.A.S.H.
- Law School/MBA/ME
- I finished my first year of my MBA at Lubin School of Business this year (and am currently taking a 'Money & Capital Markets' class this summer), and on August 18th, I am starting law school again for the second time. The first time was disrupted by my deployment in Iraq. Those pesky wars--they ALWAYS get in the way of my dreams. :) And I am 8 months from receiving my Masters of Entrepreneurship from Western Carolina University. Swanky!
- Teaching at Franklin College
- Cool news: I am in contention for a teaching position at Franklin College in Lugano, Switzerland, to teach a course entitled, 'Hollywood & Business--The Economics of Entertainment' next summer. Now wouldn't that be groovy? I'll keep you posted.
- People Pretending To Be Me
- There are still a bunch of losers pretending to be me, sending out fake emails in my name, and in general, trying to discredit me. Please disregard these people if they somehow get in contact with you. And again, any support you can provide me on the IMDb message boards, and via Amazon.com and BN.com book reviews would be greatly appreciated.
- My New Friend Sammy Petrillo
- I met this wonderful fellow named Sammy Petrillo the other day. He is one of the stars of the cult classic film, 'Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla', and is renowned as the best Jerry Lewis impersonator to ever have lived. Would you believe it: he has taken me under his wing. He apparently thinks I am a 'young genius' (how nice of him!), and is introducing me to all of his connections in Hollywood. Guess who is best friend is? Leonard Nimoy.
- New Script, "The Quiet"
- I'm about 4 weeks out from completing a new screenplay called 'The Quiet' with stand-up comic Ronnie Khalil, and horror writer, Bob Madia. It's a quirky cultish horror film about... Stephen King. More to come soon. :)
- My Band, Running for Famous
- To all the wonderful fans of my seven piece ROMP explosion, I am pleased to report that two new songs are just about recorded and mixed: 'Momentum' and 'Reality in the Making'. I'll put both on MySpace once they are completed in early fall.
- To Benning & Back Available Again
- For those who want to know what it's like going through Army basic training and officer candidate school... read this book. The entire book is filled with my uncut journal entries from the months before I joined, to the infamous day we now know as September 11th. You'll enjoy it, for sure.
- Unstoppable Artists
- Of course, things are still rocking and rolling with Unstoppable Artists, my business, marketing, and financial coaching firm for actors, authors, directors, and artists. I'm pleased to report that I now not only have current clients in NY, Los Angeles, Chicago, and San Francisco, but also in London England, and Sao Paulo Brazil. We're out of North America baby! (If you seek assistance with your life, your career, or even your daily to-do lists... call me for a free career consultation by phone)
- In the Wake Press Release
- Ahh, yes, my feature film, 'In the Wake'. Fret not, my adoring fans. There is a LOT going on behind the scenes, and I'm sending out the official press release in a few days. Apologies for the delay, but these things take time. It'll be worth the wait.
- Backstage Article About Monroe Mann
- Finally, if you haven't already, please read the article about me and 3 other combat actors published in Backstage Newspaper called, 'Theatre of War' about actors who are also in the military. You can read the full article by going here: http://www.backstage.com/bso/search/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003609472 ; If that doesn't work, just visit www.backstage.com and search for 'Monroe Mann'.
Thanks for all your support! It means more to me than you know.
Publicity Manager; 'The RoMann Empire'
ROMP ON TO THE TOP!
Founder, Unstoppable Artists
"Make Your Own Break...Be Your Own Agent"