Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Monroe Mann's Awesome May Update

Once again, I preface this email by letting you know that in no way am I bragging; I like to consider it just "sharing the vibe".  Honestly, I hope something you read will inspire you to do even more great stuff with your life too!

Without further ado, this is what I've been up to lately:

1) SEMINAR TONIGHT AT AFTRA -- first off, I am teaching an inspiring seminar tonight at AFTRA in NYC entitled, "The Science of Stardom".  Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you there.  Doors open at 5:30pm

2) PhD IN PSYCHOLOGY.  -- I just finished my LLM (Masters of Law) in commercial real estate transactions, and this past week, began my PhD in psychology at Capella University.  Why psychology?  Because it's time for me to figure out why our brains tick as they do.  Why do men and women interact the way they do.  Why do I do what I do?  I'll keep you posted along the way. :)

3) NEW BOOKS!  I have a new book coming out in a few months called, "Battle Cries for the Hollywood Underdog", co-written with online video expert Lou Bortone up in Boston.  I also have another new book that is halfway done called, "Romantic Suicide - The 12 Unbreakable Rules of Dating--by a guy who unfortunately learned them all by breaking each one!"  :)  You're all gonna get a kick out of this second one.  Both should be available by late summer/early fall on Amazon, BN.com, etc.

4) NEWS ARTICLE ABOUT ME: I was interviewed for the Rock Star section of Westchester's big Gannett paper, "The Journal News" a couple weeks ago.  It's a great article subtitled, "Ten Things You Didn't Know About Monroe Mann".  When you click the link, be sure to read the second page, which is the best part: http://www.lohud.com/article/20110501/LIFESTYLE01/105010318/No-excuses?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|s

4) MUSIC VIDEO PASSED 4000 VIEWS!  Have you seen my inspiring music video yet for my awesome song, "The Sun Is Always Shining Somewhere"?  In just over a month, we've surpassed 4300 views and 100 comments.  Help us get to 5000 views by the end of the month by reposting this link on your facebook and twitter walls, and forwarding this email to your friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x473c2A5GP0

And FYI, you can purchase the album/songs at iTunes, CD Baby, Amazon, etc.  Search for "Get Off Your Ass"

5) CALIFORNIA BAR EXAM  -- In about 7 days, I find out if I passed the California Bar Exam.  If I did, I'll be sure to let you know!  If I did, it means I will be a licensed attorney in NY, NJ, and also CA, which would be pretty snazzy. :)  Keep your fingers crossed---I do NOT want to take that exam again.

6) ASK ME A QUESTION--ANY QUESTION YOU LIKE! -- Go ahead.  Ask any question, and I will be happy to answer it.  Or, just visit www.rahrahk.com

7) OUR HORROR MOVIE IS ALMOST FINISHED! -- As many of you know, Ronnie Khalil, Jorge Valdes-Iga, and myself co-directed a comedy-horror feature film last summer in Maine (that Ronnie & I wrote with Bob Madia) called, "You Can't Kill Stephen King".  We're almost at picture lock, and are sending the locked cut to our audio guys in a couple weeks to put in the music and soundtrack and all that stuff.  Really really excited, and we hope to have the entire film DONE by the end of September! I play a character named Monroe int he film, cause it's sorta based on a true story... sort of.

8) AND SOME ADDITIONAL RANDOM NEWS -- I gave up smoking today!--oh wait, no, I don't smoke.  Never mind.  In other news, I am being interviewed tomorrow on a radio show in Connecticut.  Check my tour calendar link below for more details.

9) CAREER COACHING: I am still the best career coach you can find.  Cocky?  No.  Confident.  If you need a life coach, a career coach, a time management coach, a financial coach, whatever--I am eminently qualified to assist you.  How so?  Well, I've done a heck of a lot with my life for starters.  Plus, I have an MBA in Finance, a Masters of Entrepreneurship, a law degree, a certificate in financial planning from BU, and I'm a certified Guerrilla Marketing Coach.  And I have officially started my PhD in Psychology.  Call me--I would love to give you some tough love and get you on the road to accomplishment.

10) THE FAME BLOG (& THE SCIENCE OF STARDOM) -- So, my law firm's new blog is live--called www.TheFAMEBlog.com, and it's got some great content so far.  I posted "The Science of Stardom - Parts I & II" two weeks, and last week, I posted "The Science of Stardom - Part III".  If you haven't read it yet... do so.  It's really fascinating.  This is also the topic I am going to be talking about at my AFTRA seminar tonight.  Enjoy!!  AND... if you want to get the blog updates as soon as I post them, FOLLOW MY BLOG!

11) GUESS WHAT: I AM AN ATTORNEY (and a damn good one?!)  With all this promotion of my music video, perhaps you didn't know that 'by day', I am an attorney licensed in New York, New Jersey, and with the Federal Courts, and I will find out on May 16th if I passed the California bar exam too!  Call me if you have any legal issues.

In still other news:

a) FREE MONROE MANN SONG!  Congrats!  Just click here and you get a FREE complimentary copy of my song, "The Sun Is Always Shining Somewhere" for you to download, put on your iPod/MP3 player, burn to CD, whatever:

13 The Sun is Always Shining Somewhe.mp3
  

b) NBC INTERVIEW WITH MONROE MANN: If you didn't see it in the last email, check out this interview with Monroe Mann about  his feature film, "You Can't Kill Stephen King", an interview that aired on NBC in Maine this past summer: http://www.wcsh6.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=124564&catid=108    (You can also watch a larger version of the raw footage on my youtube channel.

c) REMEMBER, I AM A LAWYER AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS: If you have any legal issues, please bring them to me!  I am a licensed attorney in NY and NJ, and have successfully handled entertainment matters, criminal defense, tort issues, immigration, contract negotiations, court appearances, traffic violations, copyright infringement, and the list goes on.  If you have a legal problem, please let me know.  I can probably help you.

Romp on!  Scroll down and check out my tour calendar!

-Monroe

No comments: