Thursday, August 06, 2009

Monroe Mann SUCKS. What a loser! Read why.

August 6, 2009

Yo Unstoppable One,

HAHAHAHAHA!  My critics have found YouTube!  Yippee!

Read this.  You're gonna laugh, and get inspired.  I promise.

As many of you know, over the years, as I have gained more and more visibility and media presence, I have also gained a lot of critics.  Most notably, on my IMDb page, I have a horde of critics who it seems do nothing throughout the day but figure out ways to trash me, and tell me how much I suck.  It got so bad that there's actually a website devoted to "100 THINGS I HATE ABOUT MONROE MANN".  Search for it; I think you can still find it.  I also got death threats three times, and had to call the FBI.  Yay!

Well, the fun continues!  You see, recently, I have begun posting my music performances from Pete's Candy Store up on YouTube.  And go figure, the critics have found their way there too.  Same people?  Who knows. 

This is the latest post, regarding my song, "Rob Lowe"

"Dude you're a pathetic loser!!! You can't sing, you can't play the guitar, and you look stupid on stage. Figured someone had to tell you the truth. And if you want people to feel sorry for you, I have three words: MONROE MANN SUCKS" -- the latest critic's thoughts. 

I'm happy to see that they have expanded from IMDb to also include You Tube.  AWESOME! 

Years ago, this type of criticism would have devasted me.  Think about it: now anyone who goes to my youtube page is going to read that.  And let's be honest, it's pretty brutal.

BUT I DO NOT CARE!  It honestly doesn't bother me anymore.  I laugh actually.  Go look at what I posted in reply and you might laugh too.

Guys, seriously, don't let people get you down.  I used to take their criticism to heart.  In reality, though, does it matter what they think?  WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Funny, I checked the profile of this person who posted that review: Professor426.  Go figure, whoever it is joined TODAY, for the sole purpose of posting that negative review.  This person is a NOBODY. 

Could I improve my singing?  Sure.  Could I improve my guitar playing?  Sure.  Could I improve my stage presence?  Sure.  And DUH, why do you think I am playing there EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY?  It's called... practice.  And my gosh, talk about improvement.  That Rob Lowe song was the FIRST SONG I HAVE PLAYED LIVE IN THREE YEARS!  First of all, it's not that bad.  Go ahead, watch it:
(Rob Lowe)  But even so, compare that performance three weeks ago with my performance from last Sunday
of (I Miss the Summer) and (Life Is Tough).  In just three weeks, I have improved SO much, and even I can tell that just by watching the videos.  I am more confident on stage; more relaxed; my playing is better; my voice is better.

And the videos!  My mom asked me, "Monroe, why are you posting these videos when you are not performing perfectly?"  The anwer: GOOD NOW IS BETTER THAN PERFECT NEVER!  At least you guys are able to hear some of my songs.  At least I am now getting feedback from hundreds of people on what is working, and what is not.  And to me, publicity is publicity!  Let them trash me.  I don't care.  I know that I am getting better and better with every performance, and that is the only thing that matters to me.  And I think it's fun that you are all able to see my artistic progression on YouTube. 

And I think it is SO funny that I, Monroe Mann---a relatively unknown wannabe rock star/movie star--has aroused the ire of this person so much that they feel the need to join youtube JUST for the sole purpose of bashing me.  As I have said a million times: this means only one thing.  I AM BECOMING FAMOUS.

Why?  Because go take a look at Keanu Reeves page on IMDb.  Go take a look at Susan Boyle's page on YouTube.  What do you see?  CRITICS!  People saying that Keanu Reeves sucks as an actor.  That Susan Boyle is a homely loser.  Blah blah.  SCREW THEM ALL!  Let the critics loose!  It means I am doing something so damn amazing that it's worth their time to criticize me.  And honestly, I had just better get used to it---just as you need to as well--cause when I become a star, it's only going to get WORSE.  Weird, right?  The more people criticize you, the more of a star it means you are becoming.  Wild, right?  Oddly inspiring, and ironic to no end!  As Craig Ferguson would say in his Scottish brogue, "I KNOW!"  And as I quote in my book, "Battle Cries for the Underdog", Jean Sibelius once said, "Pay no attention to what the critics say; no statue has ever been erected to a critic."

On that note, if any of you feel the need to bash me too, feel free.  I revel in the criticism.  Or, if you want to be a rebel and help me FIGHT THE DARK SIDE, go to these links and post a glowing review.  But whatever you do: BE HONEST.  I don't want to just get empty compliments.  Tell me what's good; tell me how I can improve.  With your help, I in fact WILL become that rock star movie star that would infuriate these idiots more than ever; I think their heads are actually going to explode when I actually do make it and make it big.  And boys and girls, it's right around the corner.  :)

Here are the links.  Have fun:

WATCH AND COMMENT ON MY FILM 808 LATIN HEIST ON IMDB   
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470551/

WATCH AND COMMENT ON MY FILM SQUEAL LIKE A PIG ON IMDB
  
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1362127/

WATCH AND COMMENT ON A FILM I AM IN CALLED YES I CAN ON IMDB
  
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1470726/
WATCH ME PERFORM AND COMMENT ON MY SONG "I MISS THE SUMMER" THREE WEEKS LATER ON YOUTUBE (quite an amazing improvement, right?)  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJ5mqZmLfs

WATCH ME PERFORM AND COMMENT ON MY SONG "LIFE IS TOUGH" THREE WEEKS LATER ON YOUTUBE

(I'm halfway decent!  I KNOW!  And this song is SO fitting, given that it's about suicide!  Yeah, a song by Monroe Mann about suicide.  Aren't you curious?) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cR0Z9IvQiI

FINALLY, CHECK OUT AND POST A COMMMENT ON MY IMDB PAGE, WHICH HAS TENS AND TENS OF PAGES OF CRITICS.  GOOD STUFF!
 
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0990542/
 
Thanks for all your support!  I couldn't do what I do if it weren't for you.  (Hey, that rhymes--that's my new song.  No one can take that title!!!! I claim it as my own. :)

P.S. - Check out my new Time Management Program; my Actors Film School short film program; and my career, financial, and marketing coaching program.  Remember: if you'd like to chat with me (at no charge) for 20 minutes about your particular situation, I would be more than happy to do so.  Call me!  646.764.1764 (c) and 914.481.1641 (o).

Sincerely,
Monroe Mann, ME, GMC
(JD/MBA, May 2010)
UnstoppableArtists.com

No comments: