Friday, August 14, 2009

How to Manage Your Money (and make more of it!)

August 13, 2009

1. Invite to First Annual Actors Film School film festival
2. Invitation to GET MORE DONE.
3. Free seminar on how to produce your own projects SOLD OUT!
4. How to Manage Your Money (And Make More Of It!)
5. Battle Cry # 93: HENRY FORD.

Yo Unstoppable One,

1) INVITATION TO THE FIRST ANNUAL ACTORS FILM SCHOOL FILM FESTIVAL & AFTER PARTY

Great news!  The good ol' press release and follow up phone call still works.  The Journal News (a Gannett paper here in Westchester) just interviewed and photographed me and my student Tony Jeraci for their Saturday morning edition.  They are doing an advance on my film school's film festival, which is definitely going to bring more folks into the audience.

On that note: QUICK REMINDER.  There are still seats available for the screening if you want to RSVP before the article comes out.  Wanna come?  Wanna come and watch the 12 short films I shot with my awesome film students over the past twelve months?  Admission is free, and you can bring a guest.  Saturday night, 7 - 9PM, in NYC, at the Helen Mills Theatre, 139 W 26th Street.  RSVP by replying to this email with your name, and number of guests.  Feel free to crash the casual after party at Black Door (right next door to the theater) from 9 - midnight.

2) INVITATION TO GET MORE DONE!

Get your ass in gear and enroll in Accountability School today for only $300.  I have students enrolled from Brooklyn; from Chicago; FROM PARIS FRANCE!  Truly, the program is not for lazy people; the program is for go-getters who want to get even more done.  I promise that you will get at least twice as much done, if not three times as much, during these three months than you have in the last six months combined.  $300 for a peer-pressured, focused, and inspirational THREE-MONTH KICK IN THE ASS.  Here's some food for thought: every current student is planning on continuing for another three months after the program concludes.  More food for thought: current students include two published authors; a woman who makes her entire living writing screenplays and teleplays; a woman who flips houses as a side job; a guy who has been in People Magazine, Entertainment Weekly, and on Inside Edition; a woman who makes her living as a ghost writer; and even a future Entertainment attorney (NOT ME!).  Seriously, this program is really worth investigating.  Check out www.AccountabilitySchool.com for more info, or just reply for more info.  Wanna chat with me for 20 minutes about the program?  Call me on my cell: 646.764.1764

3) SOLD OUT!  "HOW TO PRODUCE YOUR OWN PROJECTS" SEMINAR!

KICK ASS!  My second seminar at 36th Street Studios is fully booked at 25 attendees.  In fact, the reviews from all of the attendees from my Winners Do It Now seminar last week were so great that the owner of the studio (Mike) and I are having lunch on Monday to discuss doing a new seminar there EVERY TWO WEEKS.  I'm a hit baby.  Stay tuned: there are going to be MANY many more.
 
Oh, I am going to be doing a free time management seminar later this month.  Keep an eye on these emails; I'll be spreading the good word shortly.

4) HOW TO MANAGE YOUR MONEY (AND MAKE MORE OF IT!)

As many of you know, I am four months away from earning my MBA in Financial Management.

I am working on a new book called, "I.N.V.E.S.T.O.R."  INVESTOR is an acronym I came up with to help individuals manage their money better.  I am not going to go into this acronym here because you can read about it in my book, "The Theatrical Juggernaut", but I AM going to go into a brand new money management model that I came up with over the past few years that builds on that acronym.

Note: this is a proprietary system that I have developed over the years, so if you share it with others, please give me credit.  Thanks.

I have come up with SIX investment steps you need to take to become wealthy.  They are:

1. Steady source of dependable income.
2. 6-months of emergency savings; life insurance; disability insurance; other insurance
3. Treasury bonds, notes, and bills; Real Estate investment; IRA
4. Mutual Funds/Index Funds/Exchange Traded Funds
5. Stocks, Options, Corporate Bonds
6. Own Business

The higher the number, the riskier the investment.
The higher the number, the bigger the potential return on investment.
The lower the number, the higher the priority for you.

Number 1: In other words, your absolute first mission needs to be securing a steady source of dependable income.  You see, you need money to invest money, so step one ensures that you have money to invest.  Makes sense, right?  THEN WHY IS EVERYONE TRYING TO GET RICH QUICK BY BYPASSING STEP ONE?  Please: get a steady dependable source of income.  I don't care from where.  Find it.

Number 2: Next, start taking 10% of every paycheck (or 5%, or 1%, if you must) and start saving.  You need at least 6-months of emergency savings.  How much emergency savings?  Add up your monthly expenses and multiply times six.  Voila.  You also should at this point consider life and disability insurance if your life situation warrants it.

Number 3: Start with the safest investments.  Government bonds are the safest investment you can make.  Real estate is traditionally a safe investment too (if you know what you are doing when you buy) because real property is REAL--it's a tangible asset, which traditionally has a lower risk level associated with it.  Finally, you might want to at this point consider starting your IRA (Individual Retirement Account).

Number 4: Mutual Funds are convenient because someone else is doing the stock picking for you.  But you have to pay management fees typically.  That's why I like index funds and ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) more.  These simply track a particular exchange or index, i.e. the QQQQ tracks the Nasdaq, and the Spyder tracks the S&P 500.  You buy it, and voila, you just bought the market... literally.  And you don't have to pay management fees.  Ahhh... 

Number 5: Feeling saucy?  Consider doing your own stock analysis and buying individual stocks, either for growth, or for the quarterly dividend cash payouts.  You might at this point start investigating options trading.  Covered calls ROCK.  Basically you buy 100 shares of a particular stock.  Then, you sell to someone else the right to buy those 100 shares at a particular 'strike price'.  If the option expires at the end of the month (which it usually does), you not only keep your 100 shares, but you also keep the option premium that the other investor paid you.  The next month?  Do it again.  You can make a nice side income this way---collecting option expiration premiums from your covered calls at the end of each month.  Cool, right?  A great book talking about this is Robert Allen's Multiple Streams of Income.

Number 6: Finally, the riskiest investment of all?  STARTING AND RUNNING YOUR OWN BUSINESS.  Two important notes: a) starting your own business has the biggest potential for you to become a multi-millionaire.  b) many of you reading this are artists, and don't even realize that you are already engaged in the riskiest investment of all: pursuing your own business in the arts. 
 
NOTE: just because the steps are numbered doesn't mean you HAVE to go in order, but that is the most efficient and logical and 'safest' way to tackle your money management plans. 

Now, how to make more money?  Guys, it is simple.  INCREASE YOUR INCOME.  How to do that?  Ahhh, there's the rub.  But that's how you make more money: JUST INCREASE YOUR INCOME (and reduce your expenses).  Do whatever it takes.  Get a better paying job.  Go back to school so that you can get a better paying job.  Start a business that takes off like a rocket.  Become an investment tycoon and kill it in the stock market.  Start flipping houses.  Whateva!  Why do you think I'm getting my MBA?  In law school?  Writing books?  Own three businesses?  BECAUSE I KNOW THE ROAD TO MILLIONAIRE AND I AM ON IT. 

I want you to be on it too.  Therefore, I heartily recommend you follow step one first: find a steady and dependable source of income.  Because if you learn steps 2 - 6, you are going to be able to multiply that relatively miniscule Step 1 income into MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.  Oohh, can you smell that money?  Hey, is that you I see swimming in an olympic-size pool of hundred dollar bills.  Hey, pool party!!!!!

I hope this analysis was helpful to you.  Please feel free to forward this email on to your friends.  There is a forward link up at the top of the email.  If you would like to set up a time to discuss your own financial situation with me by phone for 20 minutes to determine if I can help you as your fee-only financial adviser, reply to this email with your name, phone number, and the best times to call you.  :)

P.S. - 'fee only' means that I do not make commissions by selling you various financial products; I have just one mission: to help you understand financial matters more intelligently, and teach you how to make your OWN financial decisions.

5) Battle Cry # 93: "Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs." - Henry Ford

FIGHTIN' WORDS: Why do most people quit?  Most people quit because of panic and fear--panic and fear caused by overwhelming feelings of doubt, uncertainty, and pressure.  However, this panic and fear--i.e. this doubt, uncertainty, and pressure--can in almost all situations be diluted, and even eliminated, through slicing and dicing--by breaking down the overwhelming large tasks of your life into small, understandtable, and manageable tasks.  Just like Henry Ford did years ago with the Model T assembly line, you can do this too with your life and your life's ambitions.  If you are stressed about getting something done, try breaking what you are doing into smaller steps.  Keep breaking it down until you start to feel in control.  If something feels 'particularly hard', it's usually because you are MAKING IT that way.  -- Monroe Mann (From my book, "Battle Cries for the Underdog")

Note: My Barnes & Noble # 1 bestseller with Jay Levinson, "Guerrilla Networking" is available once again.  Buy it now!  And learn how to become the type of person OTHER PEOPLE want to meet.
 
6) Can you write a review about me and Unstoppable Artists and my books?

If you have something to say, Write a Review.  Thanks so much!  It means SO much to me.

7) BY THE WAY


By the way, check out these two links.  Post some comments.  I am sincerely curious what you think of not only these two songs as pieces of writing (which many say are my two best written songs ever), but I am also curious about the performance.  What went well?  What can I improve upon?  I really want to become the best that I can be.  Thanks so much for your feedback!

WATCH ME PERFORM MY SONG "I MISS THE SUMMER"
(You might be surprised with these lyrics.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICJ5mqZmLfs

WATCH ME PERFORM MY SONG "LIFE IS TOUGH" 

(Yeah, a song by Monroe Mann about suicide.  Aren't you curious?) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cR0Z9IvQiI

Thanks for all your support!  I couldn't do what I do if it weren't for you.  (Hey, that rhymes--that's my new song.  No one can take that title!!!! I claim it as my own. :)

P.S. - Check out my new Time Management Program; my Actors Film School short film program; and my career, financial, and marketing coaching program.  Remember: if you'd like to chat with me (at no charge) for 20 minutes about your particular situation, I would be more than happy to do so.  Call me!  646.764.1764 (c) and 914.481.1641 (o).

Sincerely,
Monroe Mann, ME, GMC
(JD/MBA, May 2010)
UnstoppableArtists.com

Books by Monroe Mann
Time Zen - The Shortest and Most Effective Book on Time Management & Success Ever Written (August 09)
The Theatrical Juggernaut - The Psyche of the Star
Guerrilla Networking (with Jay Conrad Levinson)
Start Your Own Coaching Business
Battle Cries for the Underdog - Fightin Words for an Extraordinary Life
To Benning & Back - The Making of a Citizen Soldier

Profile
Coupons
Write a Review     <----Please write a review about me, my business, or my books!!!

No comments: